|author||Björn Stenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2003-12-12 10:01:05 +0000|
|committer||Björn Stenberg <email@example.com>||2003-12-12 10:01:05 +0000|
git-svn-id: svn://svn.rockbox.org/rockbox/trunk@4127 a1c6a512-1295-4272-9138-f99709370657
Diffstat (limited to 'docs')
2 files changed, 44 insertions, 34 deletions
diff --git a/docs/BATTERY-FAQ b/docs/BATTERY-FAQ
index 2adc89eea3..9f835a5eb0 100644
@@ -256,3 +256,8 @@ A17: Charging starts if the battery level is below 85%. This is because
night. Charging will then start some hours later. The second possibility:
Use the Archos charging algorithm. At least, your batteries will be full
one more time. ;-)
+Q18: Why does rockbox show a question mark for the battery level?
+A18: Rockbox waits for about a minute to show a battery reading, to increase
+ the reliability of the reading. In previous versions, the battery level
+ rockbox initially reported was always too low.
@@ -273,9 +273,8 @@ A44: This is because the Player font is character cell based (as opposed to
Q45: Why don't you have as many games available for the Players?
A45: The display on the Players is character cell and not bitmap based.
- This means we can only control what characters get displayed, not
- what pixels are shown. This means that the prospect of game play are
- limited, but we are always open for new submissions.
+ This means there is much more limitations in the amount of graphics that
+ can be displayed, and thus what kind of games can be written.
Q46: I keep shutting off my player in my pocket. Can the OFF (Recorder) or
STOP (Player) key be locked?
@@ -298,7 +297,7 @@ Q50: Would it be possible to record from line in on the player?
Q51: I have a question about the id3v1 and id3v2 tags...
-A51: Stop! Rockbox supports both id3v1 and id3v2. If you have problems
+A51: Rockbox supports both id3v1 and id3v2. If you have problems,
report it to the developers and please provide an example.
Q52: Where exactly did the name 'Rockbox' come from?
@@ -314,10 +313,10 @@ A52: Well you can follow the full line of emails at
There you have it. Recommended by users, decision by dictator.
Q53: Why is there a limit of 400 files in a directory?
-A53: This is a configurable value, 400 files is the default.
+A53: This is a configurable value, 400 files is just the default.
Q54: Why is there a 10,000 song limit on playlists?
-A54: This is a configurable value, 10,000 songs is the default.
+A54: This is a configurable value, 10,000 songs is just the default.
Q55: How can I make playlists on my PC?
A55: There are many programs that can create .m3u playlists. WinAmp is one.
@@ -372,30 +371,32 @@ A59: If we were better programmers we would take that as an insult. But we
can be found under our bug submission rules.)
Q60: What's with all the different versions of Rockbox?
-A60: There are really only two versions of Rockbox. One for Players and one
- for Recorders. However, we do have 3 other 'versions' of Rockbox
- available for download. These would be Releases, Daily Builds, and
- Bleeding Edge.
- The Release version (currently 2.0) has a fixed feature set. This means
- that we are confident that few, if any, significant bugs still reside
- within the code/features of that 'version'. This is the version for the
- common user.
- The Daily Builds (see: http://rockbox.haxx.se/daily.shtml#target_builds)
- are automated daily builds of the CVS code. As such they contain all
- the new features (and bugs ;) ) that have been introduced after the
- last official release, and upto and including that morning.
- The Bleeding Edge 'versions' are automated builds that are updated
- every 20 minutes or so. This are as feature full and bug ridden as you
- can possibly get if you are not a developer, or are not pulling directly
- from the CVS tree.
+A60: We currently support four different hardware platforms: Players, Recorder
+ v1, Recorder v2 and FM Recorder.
+ For each platform, Rockbox is released in three versions: Release, Daily
+ Build and Bleeding Edge. These only differ in release frequency.
+ The Release version (currently 2.1) is a frozen known-good state. This
+ means that we are confident that few, if any, significant bugs reside
+ within the code for that version. This is the version for the common
+ The Daily Builds (http://rockbox.haxx.se/daily.shtml) are automated
+ daily builds of the CVS (development) code. As such they contain all the
+ new features (and bugs) that have been introduced after the last official
+ release, up to this morning.
+ The Bleeding Edge builds (http://rockbox.haxx.se/daily.shtml#bleeding_edge)
+ are built from the CVS code every 20 minutes. The purpose of these builds
+ is to verify the code builds properly on all platforms (and simulators)
+ and also to allow testers to try out new features and bug fixes without
+ having to build the code themselves.
- Please Note: Daily and Bleeding Edge builds are expected to be buggy.
- We ask that you _do not_ submit bug reports for Bleeding Edge versions,
- but would love to hear any reports you may have about Release or Daily
- build versions. (see "How can I report about bugs in Rockbox?")
+ Please Note: Bleeding Edge builds are expected to be buggy at times. We
+ ask that you _do not_ submit bug reports for Bleeding Edge builds, but
+ would love to hear any reports you may have about Release or Daily build
+ versions. (see "How can I report about bugs in Rockbox?")
Q61: I am in Windows and can't create a .rockbox directory to store my
files. When are you going to fix this?
@@ -416,8 +417,14 @@ A62: Truth is, we don't need to fix anything. If you are using OSX then you
the Finder, then name the folder.
Q63: Will Rockbox work on any of Archos' other units?
-A63: Right now Rockbox supports the Archos' Players, Recorders (v1 and v2)
- and the FM Recorder.
+A63: Other than the 4 currently supported models: no, probably not. If Archos
+ releases another rockbox-able player (such as the V2) then rockbox will
+ find its way onto it, but their new devices as the Gmini, MM, and AV
+ units are completely different hardware and probably won't be supported
+ by rockbox unless someone enthusiastically reverse engineers them and
+ submits patches to make it happen.
+ See also: http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/nodo.html#7
Q64: I copied the rockbox MOD/AJZ file to the root, removed the jukebox
safely and rebooted. But Rockbox still didn't load. What is wrong?
@@ -526,9 +533,7 @@ A68: We have no way of knowing the correct contrast setting from start and the
you like the contrast)
Q69: Where are the FM controls for the FM Recorder?
-A69: In Rockbox 2.0 and earlier, FM support was not yet developed. FM tuner
- support is only available using the very latest versions of the Rockbox
- builds for the FM Recorder.
+A69: In the menu: FM Radio
Q70: I installed/renamed ajbrec.ajz (or archos.mod) but I am still booting
with another version of firmware.