|author||Daniel Stenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2003-02-20 21:01:57 +0000|
|committer||Daniel Stenberg <email@example.com>||2003-02-20 21:01:57 +0000|
update the CVS info to use the better modules instead
git-svn-id: svn://svn.rockbox.org/rockbox/trunk@3304 a1c6a512-1295-4272-9138-f99709370657
Diffstat (limited to 'docs')
1 files changed, 13 insertions, 15 deletions
diff --git a/docs/README b/docs/README
index b0f4cef599..e8cc69f338 100644
@@ -5,11 +5,12 @@
Firmware |____|_ /\____/ \___ >__|_ \|___ /\____/__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
-Build your own archos.mod (or ajbrec.ajz)
+Build Your Own Rockbox
-1. Check out 'firmware', 'apps', 'docs' and 'tools' from CVS (or possibly from
- a downloaded archive). You may possibly want 'uisimulator' too (for trying
- out things on host before making target tests).
+1. Check out 'rockbox' from CVS (or possibly from a downloaded archive). You
+ may possibly want to check out 'rockbox-devel' instead, since that includes
+ the simulator code (for trying out things on host before making target
If you do want to play with the simulator, read UISIMULATOR.
@@ -20,11 +21,12 @@ Build your own archos.mod (or ajbrec.ajz)
4. In your build directory, run the 'tools/configure' script and enter what
- target you want to build for and if you want a debug version or not. It'll
- prompt you. The debug version is for making a gdb version out of it. It is
- only useful if you run gdb towards your target Archos.
+ target you want to build for and if you want a debug version or not (and a
+ few more questions). It'll prompt you. The debug version is for making a
+ gdb version out of it. It is only useful if you run gdb towards your target
-5. *ploink*. Now you have got a Makefile generated for you.
+5. *ploink*. Now you have got a Makefile generated for you.
6. Make sure you have sh-elf-gcc and siblings in the PATH. Make sure that you
have 'perl' in your PATH too.
@@ -32,9 +34,9 @@ Build your own archos.mod (or ajbrec.ajz)
7. Run 'make' and soon the necessary pieces from the firmware and the apps
directories have been compiled, linked and scrambled for you.
-8. Copy the archos.mod/ajbrec.ajz file to your archos, reboot it and *smile*.
- Recent Rockbox versions need no reboots, just PLAY a new rockbox version
- and that'll be loaded and replace the currently running version.
+8. Copy the archos.mod or ajbrec.ajz file to your archos, reboot it and
+ *smile*. Recent Rockbox versions need no reboots, just PLAY a new rockbox
+ version and that'll be loaded and replace the currently running version.
Whenever the tools/configure script gets updated, you can make your makefile
updated too by running 'tools/configure update'
@@ -44,7 +46,3 @@ directory and create a setup for another target combination in there.
Questions anyone? Take them to the mailing list. We'll be happy to help you