blob: 534b1fc1cdf82cca49fa528eff563a81786fbe33 (plain
(c) 2003 by Jörg Hohensohn
This tool composes a firmware file, out of:
1. Template for the first Flash page
2. Flash bootloader
3. First (alternate) image - usually bootbox
4. Second (main) image - rockbox or rombox. Can be left blank
Use with extreme caution, the components have to match!
The aspects are:
- Model (Player, Recorder, FM, V2, Ondio FM, Ondio SP)
- boot type (standard boot ROM or ROMless)
If you need to adjust the size of the flash bootloader or the first
image in order to match a desired rombox link address, do not try to
pad the files manually! It will most probably lead to a non-working
firmware file. You can pad the bootloader by including a dummy
initialized array instead (at least one element needs to be non-zero).
Such a firmware file can then be programmed with "firmware_flash.rock".